Back Ache

Only just over five weeks in, and the baby is already doing in my back. There isn't even a bump yet! Today was my last shift at Sainsburys, where I've been working for the last two and a half years. The people are lovely and I'm really gonna miss them, but I miss Oldham, and its diversity and my beautiful friends, so it'll be good to get back there in two weeks.
So, backache. I thought I was being wise today, sitting on checkouts instead of doing Cafe, and resting my back. Note to self, sitting down when you have backache is a bad bad idea. I've only made it worse. Progesterone softens the back and spine so the baby can grow, so at least if I'm in pain then I know the baby is growing healthily.
I love all the tips and quips I'm picking up from other mums. My boss was full of them, which I loved. Mother to six, she has ridiculous amounts of experience and it is so so useful. If you ever fall pregnant, find yourself a Carolyn, and you will be just fine. Things like, 'If you're feeling nauseous, then it means your baby is doing well', 'drinking ginger tea/ale will help you feel better' and 'Beth, are you sure your not pregnant?' The woman is wise.
So I'm officially a lady of leisure (particularly since Aaron won't let me lift a finger). I have no job, and potentially no career prospects for the next year or so. I can concentrate on being a yummy mummy. Time to crack open the antenatal Yoga DVD I feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment