Friends


When you're pregnant, the nicest thing to have is friends and family. I feel really sad about leaving my Cornish family behind. They have been a massive support through this first week, and I'm really sad to be saying goodbye. I'll miss them terribly.
Had my last visit from two of the nicest lasses I've met here tonight. Its like closing a chapter of a book that isn't quite finished. I'm certain we'll be back for visits though, they are amazing people and I really want my baby to meet them.
I'm going to hate saying goodbye to Cornwall. Waking up to the sun and the sea everyday, the beach right on our doorstep and the beautiful boats in the harbour. It'll be a sad and sorry farewell. But most importantly, the friends I've made here are the kind of people you just know won't be forgotten. Certain people move in and out of your life, and most the really special ones are the ones who always seem to come back. the Duchy has left me with a lifetime of memories, and a pocketful of new and interesting people who I will always hold close. It's crazy to think that seven or eight months ago I thought I'd be here for three years, and thats been cut short, but its been short and sweet. I will miss our tiny flat, its only a studio so its like living in a matchbox sometimes, but it was our matchbox. I will miss popping over the road and watching the waves hit the harbour. I'll miss catching a boat to St Mawes. I'll miss eating Cornish Pasties and I'll even miss the crazy lady who lives upstairs. I'll miss running to the beach with Aaron, walking for miles, finding little alcoves, lying in the sun and running in the sea.
But most of all, I'll miss the girls who've made my time here so perfect and have been the most welcoming people I've met.
You we're my Cornish family. I'll never forget you. I'll pray for you everyday, and think of you always.
'You're on my heart, just like a tattoo'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment